Those magnificent men in their flying machines




Or not, as the case was for the best part of the week. As I spent most of the time the planes were grounded  at a holiday came in Wales, it took a while for me to notice the lack of noise and contrails. As we were on the Llŷn peninsula I didn't expect that there would be many flights around anyway, as there aren't many airports near.

When I got home to my parents' house I had become used to not hearing planes and was happily going about my business, reading a book on the trampoline in the back garden, when suddenly there was this great noise which took me a second to recognize (we live pretty much under the flight path).

The problem with all this is that Mr Jim Packer was due to fly out from Vancouver on Wednesday, to Bible by the Beach this weekend, before coming up to Doncaster to speak at the North East team day on Tuesday. Although planes were flying again on Wednesday apparently he was told by his carrier that there would be delays due to the backlog, and he has had to cancel.

Fortunately for us, we have a new speaker, the team leader's dad, Mr Stephen Dray. But I have yet to hear what Bible by the Beach are doing, as they haven't posted anything on their website yet.

JM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Fun

Old prayer letter number 1

Here goes it then...