Ho hum...

Well it has been a long time since I posted here and the main reason is that I have been finding life a bit flat. I still haven't found a job and it has been getting me down a bit. I feel like life is rather pointless. But looking back it hasn't been all bad by any means.


One of the best things has been settling back into church. I'm the first to admit that I screwed up last year on that count. Although it is true I was away a lot, I often travelled in a way that meant I stayed at my parents over the weekend between events. I could have travelled on the day a bit more. But then doing so has helped me this year. I managed to get to church in Leeds quite often, in fact I think more times that year than the three years of university before. I went to the church for a year or so before I moved to Newcastle and the congregation changed somewhat during that time. Since I have moved back to Leeds I have rejoined the church and I am seeing the benefit of staying in touch last year. Most of the people I regularly spoke have left and I am making friends with new people. Also I am there on my own merit as it were, as an adult rather than a child, which has helped me relate to people better.


I have also done a slightly better job of staying in contact with people this year, though I have definitely screwed up big time in one case. I haven't really managed to maintain relationships with people from school, college or uni, but I have so far kept up with a lot of people from last year. Mainly the staff and Relay workers from the north east, but also people from the cus I worked with. I have also made friends with the wonderful Simon Oatridge, the new staff worker i Sheffield. I met him for the the first time at Forum, and I am working with him to organize the technical side of Forum NE, the replacement for the new leaders' training weekend.


I will be in London this Saturday attending the BAFRA board meeting. I am running for Director of Recruitment, which I am definitely the outsider for, and I'm going to get a feeling for what's involved. I'll also be in Newcastle on Monday. I'm going up with my Dad to check out the flat he rents out. As far as we know everything is fine but we'll start planning maintenance for the summer.


It is definitely the case that the things I am looking forward to the most are ones that get me out of Leeds. In the next couple of months I am helping at a UCCF conference in Doncaster, attending a weekend-long first aid course with St John Ambulance in Chesterfield, going to the BAFRA convention in Coventry and again helping at New Word Alive down in Wales. But what I want most is to find a job.


I'll leave this for now as I have stuff to do, but I'll be back :)


JM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Fun

Here goes it then...

Old prayer letter number 1