Long time no sea...

Well I have finally got back on here after rather too much time. Various things have got in the way - the back end of June and the beginning of July I was away; I helped out on a Holiday Bible Club (great fun); I went on holiday to France and stewarded at UCCF Forum. The time spent at home has been characterized by an awfully unreliable internet connection [Bad talktalk].


Anyway I am currently looking for a job in Leeds or somewhere nearer.  I am still training to officiate American football - I have now done 6 games, although the last one doesn't really count as it was not a Bafra game but an American high school game at RAF Menwith Hill.


I have recently got older but I am definitely not mid-twenties yet. I got a Spanish dictionary from my parents as I thought I would try to learn a little before the big North East Relay Reunion in Barcelona next summer (or somewhere in Spain anyway).


My little sister has just started uni at Sheffield Hallam so I have been down there a fair few time in the last two or three weeks, including a trip down on Sunday just to sort out all her computer stuff and set a wireless network for her.


Now I have moved back to Leeds it occurs to me that I am now ages away from a beach. The last four years, in Newcastle and Stockton, I have been less than half an hour from the sea. I didn't miss it much at first as we holidayed near the coast, but last weekend it dawned on me that I had missed Newcastle freshers' week for the first time, including the CU trip to the beach. The last time I went to the coast in England for the sake of it was when I was moving out of Stockton, and I took a slight diversion via Whitby for lunch.


Anywho, I have other things to do at the moment so I will bid you farewell, but one last thing - I had been drafting a post ages ago and got distracted by something after one paragraph. I have missed that train of thought bit I will wait for it to come around again. So here is that paragraph anyway:
"So, recently I was thinking - if marriage is meant to be such a good representation of the relationship between Christ and the church, then surely if we read a book about marriage we can probably take quite a lot to apply to our approach to church and the people in it. Obviously there are some limitations to the analogy."


Chao, JM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Fun

Here goes it then...

Old prayer letter number 1